Members of parliament Moses Kasibante of Lubaga North and Emmanuel Kigozi Ssempala of Makindye Ssabagabo, will have to reconsider their options after they were denied the opportunity to be the National Unity Platform as flag-bearers for their constituencies in the 2021 general elections.
The two legislators join an number of several new entrants into N.U.P who have been sidelined in favor of aspirants who have been involved with the party since its early days as the pressure group.
Yesterday the N.U.P party president Hon. Kyagulanyi held a meting where different candidates were vetted to become MP Flag-bearers from their respective constituencies.
The results were as follows;
1. Kawempe South; Bashir Kazibwe ,
2. Kawempe North; Muhamad Ssegirinya beat Sulaiman Kidandala,
3. Makindye West; Allan Ssewanyana was chosen over Farouk Ntege
4. Rubaga North; Moses Kasibante lost to KCCA speaker Abubaker Kawalya,
5. Makindye Sabagabo, Emmanuel Kigozi Sempala lost
to David Sebukenya.